Collaboration for Sustainable Cargo Shipping
Companies across the cargo shipping industry are looking to reduce harmful emissions and ensure a sustainable future for the cargo sector. However, the interconnected and global nature of the industry means that the impact of any single company is limited.
Through Clean Cargo, companies from across the cargo value chain come together to collaborate on solutions to systemic environmental and sustainability challenges. As the leading buyer-supplier forum for sustainability in the cargo shipping industry, Clean Cargo allows members to:
Collate, share, and use industry-leading data on shipping emissions
Annual emissions scorecards for cargo carriers allow shippers to integrate environmental performance into business decisions and carriers to make reduced emissions a competitive advantage.
Engage in dialogue across the value chain
Unlike other initiatives, Clean Cargo brings together shippers, carriers, and forwarders, allowing the different groups to understand each other's needs, discuss challenges, and share best practices. By drawing on the expertise of the full value chain, we ensure that solutions are better designed and aligned with business needs to accelerate progress.
Implement innovative solutions to drive tangible progress as a group
Since 2009, Clean Cargo members have reduced their CO2 emissions by over 35 percent. The group regularly engages with researchers and providers of alternative fuels or new shipping technologies to ensure continued progress.
Stay ahead of and Influence Industry Trends and Regulations
By uniting 85 percent of container cargo capacity, Clean Cargo serves as a forum for members to share updates on industry trends. Clean Cargo can also use its powerful collective voice to steer the cargo shipping industry towards a sustainable future.
With 50 members representing 85 percent of the cargo container sector, Clean Cargo connects you to a wealth of experience, expertise, and knowledge. Collaboration is the key to green shipping, and Clean Cargo’s methodology, processes, and collective knowledge are ready for you to use.
- Learn from fellow shippers through Clean Cargo best practice sessions, networking, tools, and case studies to strengthen your environmental and sustainability strategies.
- Integrate the environmental performance of carriers into business decisions by assessing and comparing data from 85 percent of ocean shipping collected annually using an industry-accepted standardized methodology.
- Harmonize efforts and influence the development of tools, standards, and methodologies for improving environmental performance across the inter-modal value chain. Clean Cargo engages with other modal initiatives to support efforts to standardize emissions calculations across the modal chain.
Value For Carriers
- Assess your performance on emissions reductions and easily report to your customers in a standard format. Use Clean Cargo ready-made tools to benchmark your performance against peers.
- Gain a competitive advantage by using Clean Cargo tools to improve your environmental performance. 95 percent of cargo transport buyers in Clean Cargo use our data in procurement decisions and in supplier relationships with cargo carriers.
- Understand the needs and direction of your customers by engaging directly with them through face-to-face dialogue and webinars.
- Stay ahead of and understand shipping regulations and green freight trends through regular updates at in-person meetings and interactive discussions with other carriers on meeting expectations.
Value For Forwarders
- Engage directly with your customers and understand their needs related to environmental performance data and business decision-making.
- Provide your customers with data from 85 percent of ocean shipping, collected annually using an industry-accepted standardized methodology and allowing you to integrate environmental performance into business decisions.
- Use Clean Cargo best practice sessions, networking, tools, and case studies to strengthen your environmental and sustainability strategies.